Happy Sunday everyone.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank my friend, Lisa Rivero for the blogging awards she sent me a few weeks ago, right before I left for vacation. I met Lisa through She Writes, an online organization for women writers. Lisa started a group there called Family Diaries and Documents. A versatile writer who has published several non-fiction books and has some fiction in the works, she also manages to pen three blogs including Hattie’s blog, as told through her great aunt’s diary entries.
I’ve learned a lot from reading Lisa’s blogs and I feel lucky to have met her in this vast community.
As a recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award I’m supposed to:
- Thank and link back to the person that gave me the award.
- Share seven things about myself.
- Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that I think deserve it.
- Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that I’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
- Accept the award, post it on my blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that I’ve newly discovered.
- Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
One last amendment added by Lisa: “To all award recipients, please know that I only wish to express my admiration and appreciation for your time and talent, and the last thing I would want is for anyone to feel pressured to do anything that is not comfortable, so please do with the award what you will. All I ask is that you continue to blog!” Ditto.
Here are the seven things about myself:
- I hate cheese, but I love pizza.
- I’m the youngest of 5 kids.
- I have a thing for redheads (see previous blog post, “Ginger Men”)
- I once stood at the point where three countries meet in South America (do you know where I mean?)
- I still have a scar on my head from a dart accident over 30 years ago.
- I love being from New Jersey, no matter how often our Garden State is maligned.
- I drink a kale shake for breakfast almost every day.
Here are some versatile writers with lovely blogs: