If you’re my granny, here’s how you do it:
- Sleep in late (for Granny, Louise that means until 8.)
- Exercise, but just a little – after all, it’s your birthday! (Granny did her stretches this morning)
- Beauty treatments with your gal pals: Granny’s heading to the salon with her BFF and sister-in-law, Sally, also 94, her little sister, Annie, her granddaughter, granddaughter-in-law, and daughter.
- Eat treats (Louise is sure to have some oatmeal raisin cookies today, since those are her favorite.)
- Party! Many of my family members have converged in Arkansas to ring in Granny’s 95th year.
I’m sure there will be a lot of story-telling going on as well, since my granny is very good at that. I’m sure sorry to miss the party : Seven years ago, my daughter picked this weekend to be born. I guess she knew from my grandmother that it was a good time of year. So, we’re here in New Jersey celebrating a seventh birthday. But hopefully in Arkansas, my brother and sister have a video going.
Happy Birthday, Granny!